10.31.2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween dear readers!

Drafting a quick post in-between trick-or-treaters. It's been two years since I handed out candy and I've already accidentally sandwiched a little dinosaur between the wood and (heavy) glass door. Sorry little Velociraptor. You totally earned that extra handful of candy I gave you.

I'm reading an appropriately-genred novel. 
A friendly PSA: reading this before bed may cause terrifying dreams. Learned that one the hard way.

via

I've watched my annual must-see Halloween movies this season.

Hocus Pocus (obviously)
via
Rocky Horror
via
Nightmare Before Christmas
via
And then some intriguingly dark tv shows that recently debuted. 

via
via
*Sidenote: American Horror Story is pretty great. I see why it's on a cable network because it's pretty graphic, HOWEVER Grimm on NBC baffles me. It's pretty gory for primetime, network tv. I'm totally not complaining, but I'm worried it won't last long because of it.

**Double sidenote: It's extremely weird to see Connie Britton as anyone BUT her fiery and devoted mom-self, Tammy Taylor, on the now defunct NBC show Friday Night Lights. (Pretty sure that's the 745586th time I've referenced that show). She still plays a mom in American Horror Story, but it's a complete 180 from FNL

***Triple sidenote: If you've never seen an episode of Friday Night Lights, you should start watching. Like, yesterday. 

Update: I'm almost out of candy and there's an hour left of trick-or-treating. Either the kids are going to start getting one starburst each or I'm turning the light off early. 


2 comments:

patricia morales said...

I want to spend Halloween with you! I love squishing little dinosaurs between things :)

SLS said...

C'mon over anytime, there's plenty of trouble we can get into in the Midwest :) Thanks for the comment, lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails