9.12.2011

Remembering 9/11

Flags on Ellis Island (2009). Taken by SLS.

Ten years ago I was a high school freshman. One of my larger worries on the morning of September 11, 2001 was if I remembered my swimsuit for my Phy. Ed. class later in the morning.

That all changed when my English teacher interrupted class while taking a Wordly Wise vocabulary test to inform us that something was horribly wrong in New York City. 

I am a part of the generation that either directly experienced, or witnessed the most deadly attack on American soil. It is a dark common ground for many, but I have learned so much from the stories that have been shared by friends, family and complete strangers. Stories full of organic heroism, loss and fortitude that leave me humbled to no end. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails