7.05.2011

Hello, Again

Hello Lovelies!

I’ve come out of my blogging hiatus with a Master’s degree, huzzah! Let’s update you all on the highlights of my second and final year of graduate school went. Bullet style because that’s how I roll most of the time:

·     I was a Graduate Teaching Fellow (same thing as a TA), and co-taught a wonderful class titled Art and Gender. It’s a hybrid class of art history and sociology that touches on the idea of gender, society and how it’s reflected in art. Basically the Art History nerd in me was in heaven. Also, I never knew I could enjoy teaching so much.

·     In May, I presented my research Building the Creative Economy: Managing Creativity in Museum Development Departments. We had 10 minutes to present and man did it go fast.

·     I graduated on June 13. It was hot and graduate hoods do not help the situation.


·     My Mom and Aunt visited for my graduation and to explore Oregon. We managed to squeeze in quite a lot of sights (I’ll be posting about this more later)!


·     I bought a new road bike- happy graduation to me! Long story short: I LOVE IT. I've been on some amazing rides already!


·     I started playing softball again. It’s slow pitch and very different from the competitive world I was used to for so long, but it’s so much fun! I slid last week and got a pretty stellar strawberry on my leg. In a sick and twisted way, it brought me back to the endless summers full of double headers in 90-degree heat, wonderful teammates and friends, softball dirt EVERYWHERE, and the priceless feeling of hitting the sweet spot on a bat.

·     I read FOR FUN! I just finished the Hunger Games series by Susan Collins and am now reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett for book club.

via
via

So, those are the highlights.

Now, I’m unemployed. Currently working very hard to alleviate that situation! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails