10.24.2011

More Baseball

Clearly I love the sport.

I just finished The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach and I am DEVASTATED it is over. I wouldn't call it 100% a baseball novel, but the game is definitely central to the plot.

via

I want to read it all over again as if  I had never read it at all. Kind of how I feel about the now finished NBC show Friday Night Lights. I want to stay immersed in the wonderful plot and learn more about the characters.

Sigh. 

Do you have a book you wish would have never ended?

Review to come folks. This book was just too good not to subject you all share my thoughts.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad you liked this! When I first read about the book, I told my Dad to read it, because he LOVES media about baseball (movies, books, etc). But the more I've heard about it, the more I want to read it, too. I'm on the hold list at the library, and I'll let you know what I think when I'm done!

SLS said...

Yeah! I had it on audiobook (helped me get through ND/MN/WI. The only drawback I have for it is that it starts a bit slow. Totally worth it once it gets going, though. Thanks for the comment, yo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails