8.01.2011

Mizeria z Ogórków

Haha, psych. Don't worry, this post isn't in Polish.

Mizeria z Ogórków is a delicious Polish salad.

It's FINALLY feeling like summer out here in the Pacific Northwest and with that, I wanted to share one of my favorite summer recipes. This recipe reminds me of spending the weekend at my Grandma Ana's house and devouring large amounts of fresh fruit and vegetables. To this day cucumbers are still my favorite vegetable, so it makes sense I'm completely in love with this fresh, cool salad.

Here we go:

Mizeria z Oogórków (meesarias- ooorgokov)
2 cucumbers, sliced thin
2-3 Tablespoons sour cream (I use plain Greek yogurt- don't tell my Polish ancestors.)
1-2 Teaspoons skim milk
1/4 cup diced onions (if desired)
dill, salt and pepper to taste




I usually refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let it marinate, but it's not necessary. When you're finished it should look something like this:



Some of the more traditional recipes call for a lot of sour cream, feel free to play around with the proportions to your liking.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails