8.06.2010

What Time of the Day Do You Workout?

One of my goals this summer was to get back into my exercise routine, and I'm happy to say I'm back at it! That said however, I constantly think about the trade offs of working out early in the morning versus after work. The problem for me is I really like my sleep. Much like this:

flickr.com


And oftentimes, if I'm awaken from said state I look something like this:


I think you all are starting to see my dilemma. 

I love mornings, and once I'm up it's not a problem...unless I'm heading out for a long run or to the gym. Breaking the sleepy stupor is much easier if I can ease into the morning with a vat cup of coffee and a healthy dose of the morning news. The problem is, I can't ease into the morning if I'm up to get a workout in. 

More often than not, I feel more like this: 

ihasahotdog.com
                        
I also love working out after work. It allows me, "me-time" to think, relax and burn off steam from the workday. The drawback is by the time I get back from my run and/or the gym, it's nearly past dinnertime and I feel like I used-up my entire evening.

Next goal: gradually start working out in the mornings. 

Do any of you have any tricks for getting out of bed at o'dark thirty?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails